North Beach has many great restaurants, bars, and sights that I have come to love and continue to support! The creation of this list stemmed from thinking about where some of my best memories in North Beach were! In no particular order, here are some of the my favorite spots in North Beach! This will hopefully inspire you to venture to a new spot!
- Chubby Noodle: The most fun you’ll ever have at a restaurant, trust me! This place prides itself on the atmosphere being the high point of the overall dining experience. At Chubby Noodle, you get to indulge in bottomless food and drinks for $50 a person. Sounds enticing? It is! I’ve been here twice and each time, I truly believe I got my money’s worth. The food is Asian-fusion and that includes garlic noodles, dim sum, pot stickers, glazed chicken, to name a few of my favorites! As can be expected, this place is very popular and spots fill up fast so I recommend calling to make a reservation 2-3 weeks in advance!
- Don Pistos: This North Beach treasure serves up a brunch unlike any other establishment. Have you heard of bottomless mimosas, sangria, and margaritas? Yeah me neither, until I found this spot! The absolute trifecta of beverages to really elevate your weekend. The price for bottomless drinks is $25 which is a steal for all that they offer! The food is Mexican cuisine and my favorite items on the menu are diabla prawns and sweet corn, breakfast burrito, and the chicken tacos!
- Mama’s: This super famous North Beach brunch spot has a line out the door no matter what time you arrive. It opens at 8am and people start lining up at 7am to get a seat! You wonder why people want to go so badly? It is because the owners of the establishment have served a consistent menu for several decades and they provide high quality service and customer experience. In this quaint mom-and-pop shop in the meca of the area, there are limited seats available and the menu is only breakfast & lunch food. Anything you order here will be fantastic!
- The Stinking Rose: If you are a fan of garlic, you should book your reservation for this place as soon as possible! This spot’s claim to fame is that they incorporate garlic in every single dish they serve. They serve over 3,000 pounds of garlic every month! Now that is quite the statistic! This North Beach gem sits right at the heart of Little Italy and has become a world-renowned location for visitors to dine. The Italian-Californian cuisine crossover has truly captured the attention of many, and it is worth a visit!
- Golden Boy Pizza: This is my favorite pizza place in North Beach and in San Francisco! I would come all the way to the far edge of the city to grab a square. Yes, square! Their “slices” are actually in a square shape which already sets this place apart. They are known for unveiling very unique and quirky flavor pairings that turn out to be out-of-this-world good! My favorite pizza there is the pepperoni and sausage. Once you get there, be prepared to wait in line for at least 30 minutes and bring cash as it is a cash-only joint!
- Tupelo: This is a very fun and lively bar in North Beach! For holidays such as Saint Patrick’s Day, the whole street is (Grant Avenue) is filled with people bar-hopping. They have fun drink specials such as Irish Car Bombs and they also have a pretty good happy hour!
- Baked Bear: This is an ice cream shop on Columbus Avenue that serves amazing ice cream sundaes, milkshakes, and ice cream sandwiches! Bear Batter, Cookie Dough, and Brownie Dough Swirl are my favorite flavors!
- Monroe’s: This is my favorite bar in North Beach! It is on Broadway street, so it is a few blocks away from the main North Beach area, but it is definitely worth going to! Monroe has a beautiful interior design with a few large rooms inside, and gorgeous art hung throughout. They also have an outdoor lounge section in the front. They are known for their Friday Decades Night which includes drink specials ranging from $2-8!
I hope you enjoyed my post and found it helpful! Please comment any thoughts and questions below, and share with your friends and family! For more related content, check out my recent blog posts below: