For as long as I can remember, I have had battles with my skin: acne, excessive oiliness, large cysts, army of whiteheads. My skin health fluctuates with stress, diet, exercise, and sleep patterns, but over time I have been able to nail down and solidify what products regulate my skin against all my skin woes.
Below is a list of products I use and love!
- Biore Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser (wash twice a day). Charcoal is one of my favorite ingredients in skincare products because it works to deep clean the pores, which is what I need on a daily basis).
- All things Ole Heinkersen! But specifically:
- Transforming Walnut scrub (twice a week; great for buffing dead skin off face for a soft, smooth finish).
- H20 dark spot toner (use at night; two cotton balls of product). I have noticed a HUGE transformation with my skin with this product! Definitely a holy grail of skincare!
- Find your balance oil control cleanser (wash in the morning; I have the most oil build up when I wake up in the morning).
- Cold Pore Plunge Mask (twice a week)- beautiful blue color and leaves my face feeling soft & silky!
- Differin Gel (prescription strength formula for acne-prone skin; use twice a day). I buy mine at Target.
- Olly Vitamins!
- Undeniable Beauty (hair, skin, and nails)- I have already seen an incredible transformation in my skin in 2 weeks time (started using it on 10/7/19). My skin is more vibrant, bright, and naturally dewey. I am also experiencing less breakouts. My nails are growing a good amount as well! Definitely the fastest they have ever grown.
- The Perfect Women’s Multi vitamin- I am naturally sick-prone, so I was so amazed when I went on a 10 day international trip to a tropical destination so different from my home weather, and two 11+ hour flights, and got through it completely healthy. I 100% attribute that outcome to taking these vitamins each day of my trip! Overall I feel stronger, and more energized from the vitamins.
Bonus! My Curology Review
I have tried many Instagram ads in the past year. I have had battles with my acne since I was in middle school. I would get blackheads, whiteheads, huge cysts, super oily T-zone, you name it, I had it. It was very frustrating to deal with on the day-to-day and I felt that most products I had used over the years were not working. I watched many videos over the past few months about this new skincare line that had taken over the Instagram channels: Curology. Women, who look like me, have the same battles with their skin, spoke to their experiences with acne and how Curology has made a huge improvement in their skin and their confidence. A major selling point for me was that they offered an introductory discount to try the product for the first month. I filled out a questionnaire about my skin, and a few days later, I received a consultation request from a licensed dermatologist who took genuine interest in getting to the root of my skin issues, in order to curate my personalized formula. I got my package on March 21st. In all honesty, within the first 2 days my skin first went through a cycle of purging itself over the course of a day (getting all the dirt, excess oil, submerged acne, and bacteria out from within). After only 4 days of using the product, I noticed the texture of my skin, the vibrance, and the acne breakouts had significantly improved. I am pleased with the results so far and will continue to use it as my skincare routine- thanks Curology and Instagram!