Packing for vacation is a task that to most, brings a sense of stress. The stressful usually stems from feeling overwhelmed with not knowing where to begin. I created this guide to help in the packing process, and you can apply this to any trip that is at least one week in length. Please note that this provides a baseline, and you can build and deduct from it how you see fit! In addition, this is a packing list for a vacation to a warm destination. I am planning on creating a cold destination packing list in the coming months! Wherever you are traveling to, always remember to stay safe and healthy for your sake and for others around you!
Finding the right Suitcase
Your suitcase is exactly the place to start when planning your packing. You need to discern whether a carry-on versus a larger suitcase makes the most sense for your travel plans. For a week long trip, I recommend using a medium sized suitcase. Away has beautiful and durable suitcases, ranging in so many different colors. Mine is in the color blush and the exterior dimensions are 26” x 18.5” x 11”. I found to be the perfect size for my trip!
What to Pack in the Suitcase
- Nikes for hiking
- 3 pairs of sandals (brown, tan, black)
- 2 dressy heels (clear and black)
- 1 pair of espadrilles
- 1 pair of Birkenstocks: these were the BEST walking shoes and I highly recommend buying a pair!
- 1 pair of black flip flops for the beach
- Hand sanitizer
- Bioré face wash: perfect for quickly getting dirt and grim off your face
- Ole Heinkensen Face Toner: my personal favorite brand!
- Vaseline Lotion: for the driest skin, this does wonders!
- EOS shaving cream
- Shaving Razor
- Dry Shampoo
- TRESemmé Shampoo
- TRESemmé Conditioner
- Hand Wipes
- Feminine Wipes
- All-over Cleansing Cloths: these helped keep up clean and fresh after our hike!
- Makeup Remover
- Shower Loofa
- Olay Body Soap
- Bug Spray
- Sanitizing mist for the plane: Target has many great brands to choose from!
- Cotton Balls
- Fanny pack: used for the hike
- Black cross body bag
- Rattan woven circle purse: my go-to day purse! It is both spacious and fashionable!
- Backpack: to carry the electronics and my wallet
- Tylenol cold and flu: my go-to remedy for when I feel ill!
- Flonase nasal spray
- Activated Charcoal: this proved to be a gem on the trip! It quickly flushes out toxins from the body
- Curling Wand
- Blow dryer
- Argan oil: kept my hair moisturized in all the heat!
- TRESemmé Keratin Heat Protectant Spray: combats frizzy hair really well
- Hair brush
- Wide-tooth comb
- Hair ties
- Night hair cap
- Edge cream pomade
- Silk bandana
(see my essentials list here)
- Macbook and charger: only if you feel you will be working while on your trip
- Camera and charger
- Whoop band and charger
- Converter: only if the place you are traveling to requires one
- Phone charger
- Boom 3 speaker: highly recommend this speaker! I bought it at Target
- Phone water protector case: came in handy while I was filming in the water, and I purchased from Amazon
- Portable phone charger
- 9 swimsuits: my brands ranged from Zaful, White Fox Boutique, and Boohoo
- 1 romper
- 2 two-piece sets (pant set and skirt set): having both made my outfit spread more versatile
- 4 dresses: I chose light and airy cuts with bright prints to work with the climate I was in
- 2 jumpsuits
- Denim and white
- Biker shorts on plane and for hiking
- Underwear (12-14 pairs): the more the merrier! You always want to have enough of these on a trip
- Bra (stick-on, sports, and strapless)
- Socks (2-4 pairs)
- Night cap
- Running shorts
- 2 oversized t-shirts
- 1 tube top
- 2 tank tops
- 1 crop top
- 4 pairs of sunglasses: I try to pack a variety of styles and colors
- 5 pairs of face masks: for the flight and for walking around everywhere, you will need a few just in case!
- Neck pillow
Overall, this guide will serve you well and provide a good basis on wherever you decide to travel! I created a Get Ready With Me: Packing Edition video! Watch my latest YouTube video below!
I hope you enjoyed my post and found it helpful for your upcoming trip! Please comment any thoughts and questions below, and share with your friends and family! For more content related to various topics, check out my recent blog posts below: