The perfect hair styling tool does not exi…. until NOW! Dyson rolled out the Airwrap on October 9th, 2018, and it is now known widely as the “game-changer” of the hair industry. According to the brand, the notoriety of the product accumulated a waitlist over 100,000 people since selling out in October 2018. Innovative beauty comes at a cost, however. The product retails for $549 and is sold on Dyson’s website, along with other department stores such as Nordstrom, Bed Bath & Beyond, and Sephora. I first learned about the item on Tik Tok in early December 2020. Many celebrities and influencers raved about it and it quickly became viral in popularity. This highly sought-after item has been sold out virtually everywhere for weeks at a time. I somehow was able to snag the item after multiple unsuccessful attempts to purchase it at Nordstrom. After using it for about one month, I’ve become attached and consider it an essential step for my daily hair routine. There have been so many instances where I woke up with intense bed head, tangles and frizz galore, and in less than five minutes using the Dyson Airwrap, my hair is soft, silky, and textured!
When you purchase the product, the tools are stored in a brown leather oval box. When you open it, you see all the products shown below. Let’s talk about each item that comes with the package (from left to right):
- Pre-styling dryer tool: This quickly dries damp hair to prepare it for styling
- Two 1.6″ Airwrap barrels: This creates loose curls or waves
- Two 1.2″ Airwrap barrels: This creates voluminous curls or waves
- Supersonic hair dryer: Used to power the machine and deliver the results in tandem with the accessories
- Firm smoothing brush: This creates a smoother, straighter style versus untreated hair
- Soft smoothing brush: This creates a smooth, straighter style
- Round volumizing brush: This adds volume and shape
Visit Dyson’s website for brand tutorials of each tool!
The secret to this product’s success is this: It utilizes Coanda air styling propelled by the Dyson digital motor V9. The instructions for curling are simple:
- Start with damp-to-touch, towel-dried hair.
- Use the 1.2″ or 1.6″ Airwap barrel.
- Use high heat and airflow.
- Pick a section of hair and hold the barrel four inches from hair’s edge.
- Hold for 15 seconds, or until hair is completely dry before you turn the machine off.
- Set curl with the cold shot for 5-10 seconds.
- Add styling product such as hairspray to maximize curl longevity.
Personally, I find myself using the 1.6″ barrel daily because that is my go-to curl size for long hair. Recently, I have been playing around with the 1.2″ barrel with my short hair! I decided to try a completely different haircut, and absolutely love the sophistication of the look! The Dyson Airwrap 1.2″ barrel makes styling short hair quick and effortless! After purchasing this product, I no longer reach for my curling wand, straighter, or even my blow dryer. There is a tool in the box that serves all purposes needed for me to achieve every look I desire. The product is very versatile, and works on multiple hair types from course, thin, frizzy, and so on. Each purchase comes with a two-year warranty to ease customer apprehension and reluctance. I believe that Dyson created a very thoughtful product that truly captures the user’s voice and overall hair concerns. The final product produces an elevated user experience that is rarely achieved in one single industry.
Overall, I absolutely love my Dyson Airwrap and think it is the all-inclusive product for your hair styling desires! To see me try out the Dyson Airwrap, watch my latest YouTube video below!
I hope you enjoyed my post and found it to be a helpful product review! Please comment any thoughts and questions below, and share with your friends and family! While you’e here, check out some of my blog posts below: